As some of you may know, I really enjoy art. One kind that I have always enjoyed is poetry. Here are a couple examples:
1. Beauty, Thy Name is Woman by cottonbombs.
2. With You by Linnea, a woman on an incredible faith journey.
3. And then we move to that poetic form called movie. Here is a piece on how movies can help to evangelize the culture.
4.With that I wanted to add an article by Tara Stone on 5 sport movies for your consideration.
5. On the lighter side, I found a funny and cute picture from a priest downunder on Catholic families. Notice that mom and dad are not the only ones helping to raise the family:)
6. I found an article that discusses the new phenomenon of Anglicans crossing the Tiber. What does that mean? It means more Christians are coming back into communion with the Roman Catholic Church. With that I would also like to mention The Reluctant Road to Rome, a young man who to his own surprise found his way to the Catholic Church.
7. Kathleen Basi has some intriguing insights on the health of the environment, planning and family. With that I saw a few times this week, the sad story of a woman lost to abortion–the reality of abortion and women’s health that is often kept secret by a gargantuan corporation. I also read an example that shows me we have a cultural problem with sex scandals in schools, churches, and sports, but it needs to be addressed not only for men but also for women. We are in such need of healthy boundaries, brothers and sisters.
Enjoy the links!